Tomlinson Entrance Scholarship for International Master’s Students (2023)
Participating in the Tomlinson Entrance Scholarship Award for International Students at Brock University in Canada is a fantastic way to kickstart your career and achieve your academic goals.
In this article, we’ll delve into the details of the award, discuss its benefits, and provide you with valuable information on how to apply.
Also check: Edith Cowan University MRIWA Graduate Scholarship for Female Students in Mining Industry 2022/2023
About Brock University
Brock University is a public research university located in St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada. It is ranked 1204th among the world’s best universities, and its programs are designed to foster research, teaching, creativity, and innovation.
Brock University is renowned for the intellectual, artistic, and professional achievements of its faculty, staff, and students.
It has a significant impact on people’s lives and is a comprehensive institution that prepares its alumni to become leaders in various industries.
The Tomlinson Entrance Award is available to applicants from all countries who wish to pursue a master’s degree program at Brock University during the 2023-2024 academic session.
However, applicants must meet certain eligibility criteria to be considered for the award. They include:
- Applicants must be international students
- Applicants must have a first-class status or entrance average of at least 85%
- Applicants must be full-time domestic or foreign students attending a graduate program in the Faculty of Mathematics and Science.
To apply for the Tomlinson Entrance Award, applicants must complete an OUAC login to the university’s graduate program in mathematics.
Applicants are also required to include admission-based unofficial documents with their application, including credentials for degrees and transcripts, language test scores, and a resume/CV.
Additionally, most programs require at least two academic references.
English Language Proficiency Requirements
Candidates are expected to attain the minimum required scores on the following English language proficiency exams:
- iBT TOEFL 80 minimum overall, with no subtest scoring lower than 19
- IELTS (Academic) 6.5 minimum total score, with no subtest scoring lower than 5.5.
- CAEL: Writing must be scored at least at 60, and all other subtests must be at least at 50.
- CAEL Computer Edition (CE): Minimum total score of 60, with a writing score of 60 and no other subtest scoring lower than 50.
- PTE Academics: No subtest may have a score lower than 60 overall as a minimum.
- Minimum overall score of 4.5 and no subtest score lower than 4.0 are required to pass the test for scholars and trainees.
Also check: How to Stand Out When Applying For A Scholarship
Benefits of the Tomlinson Entrance Award
Brock University offers scholarship worth $5,550.00 for the first year of study in Canada. This award will significantly ease the financial burden on successful applicants and enable them to focus on their academic pursuits.
Prospective students are advised to review Brock University’s entry requirements before applying for the Tomlinson Entrance Award.
This will ensure that they meet all the necessary qualifications and increase their chances of being considered for the scholarship.
The Tomlinson Entrance Award is an excellent opportunity for international students to pursue their academic goals at Brock University.
The scholarship offers financial support to successful applicants and enables them to focus on their studies without worrying about the cost.
If you meet the eligibility criteria and have a passion for mathematics and science, then you should consider applying for the Tomlinson Entrance Award at Brock University.